How Rude of Me...


I want to be the perfect host...well maybe not perfect but for sure someone who welcomes all to this affair of life.

Hello...If you read "My peace" and enjoyed every bit, then hold on to your seat, if you didn't read it, leave this entry and please read it and don't come back UNTIL you DO.... for I am going to blow you away (hopefully) by what will come next, and next, and next. For anyone who knows me, you know I have a couple of other blogs out there... for those who don't...One was an attempt at recipe building, which was fun but I haven't visited it in years. The other is, well,not me...not the REAL me I have been hiding from the world, the me my husband even barely sees...So for ALLof you...I am starting again, fresh, new, with a new outlook. I want to be real, honest and in the meantime share the story of my life in my Zen Kitchen and 1958 vintage home in this small town near Central Texas, where the heat outside is hotter than two rats and a wool sock?...well...you get the picture yeah, it's HOT and what i hope you find here is a cool, relaxing, funny, quirky sense of what life is like for someone like me, who is well, less than normal but more than just wierd.

For those of you discovering me for the first time, let me give you some 411. I am 41, the oldest of 4 kids, 2 of whom (Orin and Liz) reside with my husband, Eric and I, along with a cat, Mary, a small one eyed dog named Mojo and a 60 gallon aquarium of fish. I work a full time job at a call center whose clients include some world famous names...though our little office is centered around HR admin for the State of Texas along with some unknown big pharma companies...but all in all, it is a call center job and for anyone who has worked that knows what it is like to be a cubicon...in my spare time, I cook, craft, color, draw and write. I recently wrote and published a cookbook on Amazon called The Recipe Box: A Cook's Legacy. It took me a year to write it and I was proud when I put it in electronic print. Don't know if I will ever sell a copy, but it was an accomplishment none the less...I suppose it was also reason I wanted to start again with blogging. I had never finished a project before; I have all sorts of unfinished things tucked away, but the cookbook was my road to completing, for the first time, a goal. EXCITING!!!! for someone who has never completed anything in her life except High School and getting her driver's license. Anyway, I also have been a plus size runway model for a once local designer in Austin a few years ago, I have sold art at some shows, also in Austin...I have experienced a lot, continue to experience some, and over the years I have come to overall love my life. Don't get me wrong, there may be a few entries here, like My Peace where I vent even more, or lament over changes I want to or wish I could make, but overall my life is good, and I have God to thank for it.

So, please ya'll, just sit back enjoy the ride and stay as long as you like. We are going to be friends...I just know it!

Comments